26-30 August 2013, Bali, Indonesia
On 26-30 August 2013 in Bali, Indonesia, the 6th annual ESP conference took place. During the conference ESP members, practitioners, educators, policy-makers, researchers, and many others from all continents had the chance to interact and exchange ideas. They took part in special sessions and working-groups producing outcomes ranging from journal articles, white papers, book chapters, grant proposals, database structures, websites, and much more.
The emphasis of this 6th International ESP conference was on the practical application of the ecosystem services concept in planning, management and decision making, and the development of case studies. These topics were addressed by:
- 4 keynote-speakers: Darryl Low Choy, Carl Obst, Steve Lansing and Meine van Noordwijk
- 10 special sessions organised by among others UNEP, UNCCD, IUCN-CEM, ICRAF
- 20 workshops organised by the ESP Thematic Working Groups and Biome Expert Groups
- 18 open-topic sessions to provide an opportunity to discuss issues and idead in a free format
- Stakeholder discussion about the implementation of ES in SE-Asia
- Special issues of the journals associated with ESP
The conference was organised by the Ecosystem Services Partnership (ESP) and convened by the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) and CGIAR Research Program: Forests, Trees and Agroforestry in collaboration with the Sub Global Assessment Program coordinated by UNEPís World Conservation Monitoring Centre, the UNCCD-Global Mechanism, The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB), the International Association for Landscape Ecology (IALE), A Community on Ecosystem Services (ACES), and other ESP partners.
For more information about organizational aspects (venue, accommodation etc.) please contact Ms. Diah Wulandari.
For questions about the 2013 Conference please send an email to the ESP Conference Organising Committee.